About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Man Utd striker Mason Greenwood new record holderby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester United striker Mason Greenwood is a new record holder.Greenwood is now a United record-holder. In scoring against Astana, the attacker became United’s youngster-ever goalscorer in Europe. Marcus Rashford had previously set the record – when also playing in the Europa League, in 2016 – but it’s an accolade that now belongs to Greenwood, aged 17 years, 11 months and 353 days.As well as netting his first goal for the Reds, Greenwood was also selected as the Man of the Match.
Man Utd midfielder Scott McTominay: West Ham defeat sickeningby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester United midfielder Scott McTominay says Sunday’s loss to West Ham United was sickening.The Hammers easily dispatched United 2-0 at London Stadium.”It’s sickening when you come in and that’s the result,” he told MUTV. “It’s so tough to take and it’s difficult for all our fans as well who were unbelievable all game. Unfortunately we didn’t send them back with three points.”McTominay added that injuries to a number of players, including Paul Pogba and Anthony Martial, was not an excuse for the loss.”It’s no excuse,” he said. “We have quality all over the squad and obviously some of the main players who play every week are injured, but so be it.”It’s a chance for young players to come in and make their mark and in the future we have to look to them and hopefully they can get some more game time because we need them. It’s not a time to drop your head.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
TagsEnglish ChampionshipFootball League OneAbout the authorIan FerrisShare the loveHave your say Football League clubs reject “compassionate re-entry” of Buryby Ian Ferrisa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveA proposal for Bury to be readmitted to League Two next season was rejected by the English Football League’s 71 member clubs at a meeting on Thursday, reports BBC Sport.Bury, who were in League One, were expelled from the EFL in August after a last-ditch takeover bid collapsed.Earlier this week, a group trying to rescue Bury submitted a plan for “compassionate re-entry” to League Two.However, an EFL statement said “it became clear that the proposal did not have the necessary support”.It added that EFL clubs’ “preferred direction of travel” was “extending the existing principle of a reduction in relegation across all divisions as a means of returning to 72 clubs now and for the future”.It means only one team will go down from League Two this campaign, rather than two, while three clubs will go down from League One.Bury will now have to apply to the Football Association for a place in non-league football.
Mark May ClownFormer Ohio State graduate assistant Anthony Schlegel made headlines last September when he body-slammed an OSU student who had rushed onto the field during the Buckeyes’ game against Cincinnati. The image of Schlegel throwing the student to the turf went viral in no time, and the former Ohio State linebacker decided to incorporate it into his Twitter profile picture. With a humorous edit, of course.Schlegel’s Twitter Avi features former ESPN analyst Mark Mary photoshopped as the streaking student getting taken down. It’s no secret that OSU fans don’t like May, who will not be brought back as part of ESPN’s “College Football Final.”Even though Schlegel, a former OSU linebacker, doesn’t play or coach at his alma mater anymore, his Buckeye spirit obviously remains intact.
WELLINGTON, New Zealand – A passenger on a plane that crashed into a Pacific lagoon on Friday said the flight attendants were panicking and he saw water pouring through a hole in the side of the plane before he was able to escape.Local boats helped rescue all 47 passengers and crew after the plane hit the water while trying to land at the Chuuk Island airport in the Micronesia archipelago.Seven people were taken to a hospital, according to officials, including one described as being in critical but stable condition.Passenger Bill Jaynes said the Air Niugini plane came in very low.“I thought we landed hard,” he said. “Until I looked over and saw a hole in the side of the plane and water was coming in. And I thought, well, this is not the way it’s supposed to happen.”Jaynes said those aboard managed to wade through waist-deep water to the emergency exits on the sinking plane.He said the flight attendants were yelling, and that he suffered a minor head injury. He said he called his wife, who started crying.“I was really impressed with the locals who immediately started coming out in boats,” he said in an interview with a missionary in Chuuk, Matthew Colson, that was posted online and shared with the AP.“One would think that they might be afraid to approach a plane that’s just crashed.”The sequence of events remains unclear. The airline said the plane landed short of the runway. However, Jaynes said the only scenario he can imagine is that it hit the end of the runway and continued into the water.The U.S. Navy said sailors working nearby on improving a wharf also helped in the rescue by using an inflatable boat to shuttle people ashore before the plane sank in about 30 metres (100 feet) of water.The striking images of people being rescued from the half-submerged plane were reminiscent of the 2009 crash landing in New York City known as the “Miracle on the Hudson.”Louie Mallari, who was working at a hotel near the airport, said he could hear the whole thing happen.“As the plane approaches, the sound of the engine is getting stronger, then suddenly a splash of water,” he said, adding that he then heard screaming.He said it’s a good thing that so many people use boats to travel and were able to quickly help with the rescue.“It’s really fortunate that we didn’t have any fatalities,” said Glenn Harris, a government aviation security inspector for the Federated States of Micronesia.Harris said the plane left from the Micronesian island of Pohnpei about 700 kilometres (435 miles) to the east before ending up in the water at about 10 a.m.He said he has yet to see a passenger manifest, but typical passengers would include businesspeople from Micronesia, Papua New Guinea and Australia, as well as some tourists. Chuuk is known for its world-class diving, with dozens of World War II shipwrecks visible in the clear waters.Harris said he doesn’t know what caused the crash landing or whether the pilots had alerted air traffic control of any problems. He said an investigative team would be on the ground in Chuuk by Saturday to figure out what went wrong.The airline said in a statement that the 35 passengers and 12 crew members aboard the Boeing 737 were all able to safely evacuate. It said the weather was poor at the time, with heavy rain and reduced visibility.The airline said it was making all efforts to ensure the ongoing safety of the passengers and meet their immediate needs. It said it was in touch with embassies, passenger representatives, stakeholders and families of the crew.Air Niugini is the national airline of Papua New Guinea and has operated since 1973. The airline identified the flight as PX 073 with the registration number P2-PXE. Flight histories show the aircraft has made recent flights to Manila, Sydney and Singapore.Air Niugini’s network is concentrated on domestic routes linking the capital, Port Moresby, with isolated points across the Papua New Guinea archipelago, but it flies as far as Tokyo and Hong Kong.The fleet includes Boeing 767 and 737 jets for international routes, according to the airline, as well as Fokker F-100 aircraft, Q400 and Dash 8 aircraft for challenging local terrain.Micronesia, located north of Australia and east of the Philippines, is home to just over 100,000 people. It has close ties with the U.S. under an agreement known as a compact of free association.The crash landing comes less than two months before Papua New Guinea hosts the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit, expected to draw world leaders beginning on Nov. 17.In the “Miracle on the Hudson,” both engines on a U.S. Airways jet failed after it struck a flock of geese during takeoff from New York’s LaGuardia Airport. Pilots Chesley Sullenberger and Jeffrey Skiles safely landed their powerless plane on the Hudson River and passengers and crew walked on the wings to be rescued.In both crashes, everyone survived.“I’m alive,” said Jaynes, the passenger. “That’s an extremely good thing.”___Associated Press journalists Penny Yi Wang, Nicole Evatt, Kiko Rosario and Adam Schreck in Bangkok contributed to this report.
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – Employees were given the notice on Thursday morning that the Peace Valley OSB Plant will be closing this summer.While the opposition is putting the blame on the new Forest Amendment Act, Bill-22, Minister of Forests, Doug Donaldson, says this is not the case for the closure of Peace Valley.“There’s no proposal that’s come to me or no announcement by the company with the intention to sell this tenure that they have. So, I don’t see any impact of Bill-22 on this particular indefinite closure.” According to Donaldson, the reason for this closure is due to changes in the market and the environment, particularly the effects of the pine beetle invasion.Donaldson says his Ministry knew that the constriction on fibre supply was coming and that the Government has taken steps to address the issue in the last 22 months.He also says that the previous Government did nothing to prevent this from happening.“The fact is that we knew this day was coming, as far as the constriction on the fibre supply, at least ten years ago. We’ve taken steps to address it in the last 22 months and, unfortunately, the previous Government didn’t over 16 years, so we’re determined to make forestry an important part of rural communities.”Donaldson says the Government will be sending a Community Response Transition Team to assist those affected by the closure.Sources say the staff were told Thursday morning that the plant would close as of August 9, 2019. Approximately 190 people work at the facility.
Gurugram: There was a narrow escape for 16 newborns after the part of ceiling of government hospital came off. Even though there were no injuries, the incident once again raised the risks to the patient in a hospital that has already been deemed dangerous by various agencies that have surveyed it.For long Civil, Hospital has remained in poor shape. Such has been the condition that on multiple occasions the slabs have fallen off in the Government hospital. To reduce the burden of the hospital a new hospital was set up in Sector-10. Also Read – Meeting: Issues related to handling of Airport Entry Passes discussedYet, that has not reduced the number of patients coming to the Civil Hospital at Sadar where daily more than 1000 patients are being attended to the OPD. Even after a substantial amounts of money has been spent by the Government for the maintenance of the 43-year-old building, it has not improved the situation. Having formally taken a decision to expand the Civil Hospital located in Sadar Bazaar area of Gurugram a major challenge for the state government is to accommodate the 900 students of the 100-year-old- government school. Also Read – Man murdered his friend In order to increase the capacity of patient beds, a new 100-bed hospital had to be constructed in the area presently occupied by the government school. The coming up of the new structure will, however, result in the demolition of the Government school which was constructed in 1899. This plan has been stalled after protests by the teachers and the students. The plan however as of now has been put on hold and the officials are still mulling over the new locations where the structure can come up. Facing immense infrastructure crisis, the management of the government hospital is now forced to consider the option of public-private partnership route for better medical services.
As Colin Kaepernick’s job hunt has crept into training camp, the parameters of debate have shifted. Just a few months ago, the contention was over whether or not Kaepernick was good enough to play in the league. That no longer seems to be the case. Last week, reports circulated that Baltimore Ravens head coach John Harbaugh and general manager Ozzie Newsome were both interested in signing Kaepernick, but were met with resistance by owner Steve Bisciotti, who framed hesitance over signing Kaepernick as a PR concern.“Your opinions matter to us,” Bisciotti said at a fan event, referring to fan opinion over Kaepernick. “We’re very sensitive to it, and we’re monitoring it, and we’re still, as Ozzie says, scrimmaging it, and we’re trying to figure out what’s the right tact. So pray for us.”Kaepernick’s ability to play the position no longer seems to be in doubt. Players have spoken in support of Kaepernick, and most serious analysis reliant on game study arrives at the conclusion that Kaepernick is not just a competent quarterback, but is also better than he was when he led the 49ers to the Super Bowl in 2013. Cian Fahey, who catalogues quarterback performance at Pre-Snap Reads, found Kaepernick to have outplayed Ravens starter Joe Flacco.And yet Kaepernick doesn’t have a team. It’s obvious Kaepernick is being frozen out for his political opinions, but it’s less apparent how extraordinary it is that a player like him can’t find a team. Back in March, Neil Paine and I wrote about Kaepernick’s situation and noted that it was strange for even a halfway decent quarterback to remain unsigned so deep into free agency. Four months later, it’s no longer merely unusual — it’s practically unheard of.Here are the free agent quarterbacks from the past five offseasons, charted by their Total Quarterback Rating in the previous season and how many days they remained in free agency before being signed by a team. (The size of the dots represent the number of pass attempts.) No above-average quarterback has been unemployed nearly as long as Kaepernick this offseason. The most comparable scenario — Ryan Fitzpatrick’s contract showdown with the New York Jets last offseason — isn’t really comparable at all, since Fitzpatrick was the one exerting leverage over the team, not the other way around.It’s easy to lose sight of the reality that good quarterbacks often never even reach free agency, let alone remain unsigned for so long. That’s especially the case for our discussion of Kaepernick, which has shifted from his merit as a player to concern-trolling and a consideration of business practicalities. So while Kaepernick is clearly an outlier on the chart above, the fact that he’s on it at all should be just as surprising.Additional research by Neil Paine
Former Bundesliga Champions Borussia Dortmund are bracing up for bids from top European clubs for Christian Pulisic as he continues to show class.The USA international, who has been closely followed by Liverpool and Chelsea, was the man of the match as Dortmund beat Guardiola’s men 1-0 in the International Champions Cup on Friday.The 19-year-old winger was brought down by Oleksandr Zinchenko to win the deciding penalty which Mario Gotze expertly converted.He was taken off later on in preparation for Dortmund’s next match against Liverpool, who made an effort to sign him a few seasons ago and are still keeping close tabs on him.Apart from the Premier League clubs Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and Barcelona have all indicated an interest to sign him.Merson believes Arsenal should sign Sancho Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho might be the perfect player to play for the Gunners, according to former England international Paul Merson.“[Christian Pulisic] played extremely well today,” said Dortmund coach Lucien Favre in his postmatch conference.“He knows exactly when he has to accelerate, which he showed three or four times today. His dribbling on the right wing was superb. He has a lot of ambition and is still very young – he’s a very good player.”Bayern are considered favourites to land the American as they prepare for life after Arjen Robben and Franck Ribery. They have already made overtures to sign him for this windowEuropean Champions Madrid like the idea that Pulisic can play wide or as a playmaker and his nationality opens up greater commercial revenue opportunities in the States.Dortmund would want more than £50million for their star player who has readily admitted his love for the English game and maybe even willing to sacrifice Champions League football to consider England’s top flight.
Manchester United have seen a bid for Chelsea winger Willian Borges accepted, according to latest reports.Italian outlet Tuttosport claims the two clubs have reportedly agreed to terms which would see the former Shakhtar Donetsk player complete a move to Old Trafford this summer.The Blues are willing to cash-in on Willian as new manager Maurizio Sarri looks to raise funds to bolster his squad.The pacey Brazilian winger is one player reportedly available in the transfer window, and Jose Mourinho is understood to be keen on a reunion with the 29-year-old.And now reports in Italy suggest Chelsea have accepted an offer of roughly €75million for the winger.Maguire says United need to build on today’s win George Patchias – September 14, 2019 Harry Maguire wants his United teammates to build on the victory over Leicester City.During the summer, Harry Maguire was referred to as the ultimate…Spanish Champions Barcelona were close to signing the forward. However, the Red Devils have emerged as favourites to land him after the La Liga side completed a deal for compatriot Malcom.Despite the interest, new Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri recently suggested he was hopeful of keeping the Brazilian at the club: “It’s a pleasure to have Courtois, to have Willian, to have Hazard, but it [their futures] doesn’t depend on me, not only on me.“So, we have to wait. I’m confident.”Jose Mourinho has equally been linked to Leicester City’s defender Harry Maguire who was impressive for the Three Lions at the World Cup.